Install JASMIN XFC client
XFC client install
In order to initiate and manage your usage of the XFC (transfer cache) service, you need to use the XFC client.
Once set up, you don't need to use this client to read/write data to XFC storage itself, but you can use it to interrogate the system to find out what data you have stored and how much of your quota(s) you are using.
The following steps should be used to create a python virtual environment and pip to install the xfc client:
- Log into one of the sci machines:
- Setup a virtual environment without site-packages in your home directory:
- Activate the virtual environment:
- Download the client software using git to your home directory:
git clone https://github.com/cedadev/xfc_client.git
- pip install the xfc client
pip install -e ~/xfc_client
- Use xfc on the command line
xfc client can be used without activating the python virtualenv by adding the path to the xfc client to the
$PATH$ environment variable:
echo 'export PATH="$PATH:~/xfc_venv/bin"' >> "$HOME/.bashrc"
xfc client can now be used by invoking
xfc from the command line without activating the virtualenv.
For instructions on how to use the xfc client, see the article JASMIN Transfer Cache (XFC).