Software on JASMIN
JASMIN is a large platform where a range of software tools, packages and environments are available. Many users employ software already installed on JASMIN whilst some need to install their own tools for a particular purpose.
- Software available to all on JASMIN analysis/batch servers
- Additional tools for compiling and building software
- Restricted software
- Server-specific software
- Data movement software
Which software should I use?
There are a lot of different options when you are trying to work out which tools and/or environments to use on JASMIN. Here are some quick questions to help you get started:
- If yes, see: Restricted software
- If yes, see: Server-specific software
- If yes, see: Data movement software
- If yes, see: Additional tools for compiling and building software
Software available to all on JASMIN analysis/batch servers
Data analysis and visualisation tools
If you are looking for software packages and environments that allow you to analyse, process and visualise data then take a look at these options:
- Jaspy software environments (Python 2 and 3)
- The "jasmin-sci" software environment (packages not provided by Jaspy)
- Additional packages (provided under: "/apps/jasmin")
- IDL (and MIDL)
- Creating your own software environments
NOTE: If you are using Matplotlib to visualise data please refer to the advice on our Matplotlib help page.
Jaspy Software Environments (Python 3 and other tools)
The "jasmin-sci" Software Environment
IDL (and MIDL)
Creating your own software environments
- Building virtual environments on top of Jaspy environments
- Sharing your JASMIN software environments with other users
- Compilers on JASMIN
Additional tools for compiling and building software
The Developer Toolset (devtoolset) and GNU compilers
Workflow Management with Rose and Cylc
Graphical Linux desktop access using NoMachine NX
NoMachine NX is a tool that allows users to run a virtual graphical Linux desktop on JASMIN. See details on the NX page.
Data movement software
Data migration (disk, tape, object store etc): Joint-storage Data Migration App (JDMA)
Still have a question?
Please consult the JASMIN software FAQs.