Software on JASMIN
JASMIN is a large platform where a range of software tools, packages and environments are available. Many users employ software already installed on JASMIN whilst some need to install their own tools for a particular purpose.
- Software available to all on JASMIN analysis/batch servers
- Additional tools for compiling and building software
- Restricted software
- Server-specific software
- Data movement software
Which software should I use?
There are a lot of different options when you are trying to work out which tools and/or environments to use on JASMIN. Here are some quick questions to help you get started:
- If yes, see: Restricted software
- If yes, see: Server-specific software
- If yes, see: Data movement software
Software available to all on JASMIN analysis/batch servers
Data analysis and visualisation tools
If you are looking for software packages and environments that allow you to analyse, process and visualise data then take a look at these options:
- Jaspy software environments (Python, R and other tools)
- The "jasmin-sci" software environment (packages not provided by Jaspy)
- Additional packages (provided under: "/apps/jasmin")
- IDL (and MIDL)
- Creating your own software environments
NOTE: If you are using Matplotlib to visualise data please refer to the advice on our Matplotlib help page.
Jaspy Software Environments (Python, R and other tools)
The "jasmin-sci" Software Environment
IDL (and MIDL)
Creating your own software environments
- Building virtual environments on top of Jaspy environments
- Sharing your JASMIN software environments with other users
- Compilers on JASMIN
Workflow Management with Rose and Cylc
Graphical Linux desktop access using NoMachine NX
NoMachine NX is a tool that allows users to run a virtual graphical Linux desktop on JASMIN. See details on the NX page.
Data movement software
Data migration (disk, tape, object store etc): Joint-storage Data Migration App (JDMA)
Still have a question?
Please consult the JASMIN software FAQs.