How to apply for a JASMIN-specific Met Office MASS account
Can I use my existing MASS account?
No. You need a separate MASS account for use on the Met Office internal network (CDN), Monsoon, ECMWF HPCs, and JASMIN. With these different account types, you can have permission to access different datasets specific to these computing environments.
What information do I need to provide?
The Met Office need to know some information about you, in order to assess your need to access the data, and the data you would like to access.
Your Met Office sponsor will need to provide the following information to the Met Office Collaboration Service Manager by completing an application to access MASS from JASMIN (in Service Now) (only visible inside the Met Office), who will then arrange for your MASS account to be created:
- Your full name
- Your official email address
- Your sponsor's full name (a Senior Met Office Scientist)
- Your sponsor's email address
- Your organization's name
- Your department name (optional)
- The host country of your organization
- A list of MASS projects and/or data sets that you need access to. ( A full MOOSE dataset path is required, your sponsor should help you determine this.)
- Your JASMIN system user name
- Your JASMIN user id number (UID) - you can get this by typing
echo $UIDat the terminal on any JASMIN machine.
If you are not an existing JASMIN user
The JASMIN account details are required for your account to work, the Met Office need to know who you are before approving your access to the MASS client machine.
- provide 1-8 above to your Sponsor, and apply for a JASMIN account as per this page
- once you have 9 and 10 above, email the Collaboration Service Manager (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) your JASMIN user name and id number.